The Student has agreed to receive information, which is considered to be confidential in nature (the “Confidential Information”) to enable the Student to undertake work on the Freedom Law Clinic’s recruitment and training programme (the “Purpose”) relating to the Confidential Information.
IT IS AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
1. In consideration of the Student being provided the Confidential Information for the Purpose, the Student hereby undertakes that he or she shall:
i. not communicate, disclose or make available all or any part of the Confidential Information to any third party excluding the staff of the University, staff from the Freedom law Clinic or other Students on the Freedom Law Clinic project;
ii. not directly or indirectly use, or permit others to use, the Confidential Information other than for the Purpose;
iii. not make any announcement or disclosure in connection with the Confidential Information or the Purpose without the prior written consent of the Freedom Law Clinic
2. The obligations of confidentiality and non-use will not apply with respect to any of the following:
i. information which is generally available to the public at the date of this agreement;
ii. information which is or becomes generally available to the public in printed publications in general circulation in the United Kingdom through no act or default on the part of the Student.
3. The Student shall ensure that all measures necessary are taken to secure the confidentiality of the client’s Confidential Information including but not limited to:
i. not transmitting it in any form or by any means whatsoever outside of the Freedom Law Clinic all or any part of the Confidential Information, without the prior written consent of the Freedom Law Clinic’s staff and only to the extent that it is required for the Purpose;
ii. allowing access to the Confidential Information only to those persons who are part of the Freedom Law Clinic’s project and have reasonable need to see or use it for the Purpose;
4. All rights in the Confidential Information are reserved by the Freedom Law Clinic and their client and no rights or obligations other than those expressly set out in this agreement are granted or to be implied from this agreement.
5. Continuing engagement with the course will amount to accepting the terms of this agreement and failure to adhere to its terms will involve reports being made by the clinic to the relevant regulatory authorities.
AGREED by the Student: